Junior Civil Engineer
Sleighter Engineering is seeking a Junior Civil Engineer to enhance our Engineering department. Preferred candidates will be self-motivated, professional and be interested in the opportunity to work with a growing design firm.
- 0-3 years experience with a Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or similar field and is interested in civil design, land development and construction.
Experience in the following is a plus but not required:
- Grading and Earthwork
- Storm Water Management
- Hydrologic and Hydraulic Analysis and Design
- Sanitary Sewer and Domestic Water System Design
- Roadway Design
- Experience with AutoCAD/Civil 3D is preferred but not required.
- Prior land development-related internship/co-op experience is preferred
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgement capabilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in: Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Develop conceptual site grading, utility, and drainage plans.
- Assist with preliminary and final design work.
- Assist with design calculations/specifications and prepare report figures and exhibits.
- Perform drafting operations as related to site design.
- Prepare construction drawings and details using AutoCAD applications.
- Need to be dependable and have a positive, team first attitude.
Qualified candidates should electronically submit a resume with the job title of “Junior Civil Engineer” in the subject line.
All candidate’s submission should be in PDF format